NC-03: White, 60+, female, REP voters topping voter turnout thus far
Civitas has a great tool for tracking the early voting in the Third Congressional District’s special election. Here’s a summary of what we’re seeing through today:
- 5730 total votes cast thus far
- only 730 of those votes were cast by blacks
- Republican turnout is significantly higher than Democrat (Unaffiliated close behind Democrat)
- Highest concentration of early voters are 60 and older.
- Females have a slight edge over males.
- Ten of the Top 25 precincts, in terms of voter turnout, are in Pitt County
- Two precincts in Pitt, two in Lenoir, and one in Carteret make up the Top 5
- State Senate Districts 1 (Steinburg), 2 (Sanderson) and 5 (Don Davis) lead the turnout
- NC House Districts 3 (Speciale), 6, (Hanig) and 9 (Murphy) lead voter turnout thus far