Believe it or not, our local district attorney’s race has captured the interest of lawyer types from much larger, out-of-state media markets. In fact, we’ve heard personally from one, in particular, who you’re more likely to associate with The Wall Street Journal, Fox News, or The Washington Post than a silly little political website in Pinehurst. (Of course, we had to trade this legal eagle’s candid observations with a promise of anonymity.) :
Anyone who contributes to a federal candidate via a credit card is required BY LAW to affirm the following statements, which appear on the donor pages of every federal candidate — just look up Biden, Bernie, Warren, Trump, Schiff, all of them. These statements must be affirmed:
1. I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
2. This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
3. I am making this contribution with my own personal credit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.
4. I am at least eighteen years old.
5. I am not a federal contractor. [….]
Oh, and there was more from our big-time lawyer source:
Here are some questions:
1. Did the estranged wife just lie repeatedly when making the contributions ‘on her own’ — using someone else’s credit card, not in her own name?
2. After the first contribution showed up on Arthur’s bank statement, why didn’t he say, “WTF? why are you giving MY money to Obama? stop that! give your own money to Obama…”
3. Why did Arthur post on his Facebook page in 2013 a link to an article describing Obama as a “new kind of Christian…” written by a left wing CNN ‘religion’ reporter?
4. Why did Arthur attack the American Legislative Exchange Council on his Facebook page (before scrubbing it after he announced for DA), parroting the left wing attacks against ALEC — which is a conservative organization under assault by the left for its model policies on 2nd Amendment rights, and Voter ID?