Let’s see. Here we have a damning presentation compiled by NO Left Turn In Education, a conservative activist group, for Lt. Governor Mark Robinson’s FACTS task force.
A few, um, highlights:
- Hiring and promotion of far-left activists as “teachers”
- Implementation of critical race theory without actually calling it THAT
- Students chastised about “heterosexual privilege”
- Students chastised about “white privilege”
- Far-left coordinator of school married to Gov. Cooper’s senior education advisor
- Students lectured / condemned for “Christian privilege”
- PhDs disseminating complicated medical (M.D.) information
- The Flying Gender Unicorn
The presenters are pretty spot-on in their description of North Carolina Governor’s School — billed as the top educational opportunity for our state’s gifted children — as “A State Program to Indoctrinate High School Students in Far-Left Ideology.”
By the way, alleged Republican Catherine Truitt is responsible for this travesty. She can — and likely will — try to blame this mess on her Republican predecessor. But she’s been in power for TWO YEARS and nothing has been done to tamp this down or stop it.