The Salt & Light Conference — arguably the most prominent gathering in The Caroilinas for religious conservatives — takes place this Friday and Saturday in Charlotte.
There is a pretty interesting list of speakers.
- Larry Elder, Former California Gubernatorial Candidate & potential 2024 Presidential Candidate
- Mark Robinson, North Carolina Lt. Governor
- Lauren Boebert, Colorado Congresswoman
- Trey Gowdy, Former South Carolina Congressman and Fox News TV Host
- James O’Keefe, Project Veritas Founder
- Ted Budd, North Carolina Congressman & US Senate Candidate
- Pete Hegseth, Fox News Fox & Friends Weekend TV Host
- Joe Kennedy, Recent Football Coach Who Won a Prayer Case at SCOTUS
- Tim Moore, Speaker of the North Carolina House
Wait, what? Tubby Little Timmy — blocker of parental consent, anti-grooming AND anti-abortion legislation — is a welcome guest at a religious right gathering?
*Will he be featured in a kind-of police lineup in the “How to Spot Evil” seminar? Or could he be a test subject — a lab rat, if you will — in one of the exorcism demonstrations?*
Inquiring minds WANT to know …
Seriously, it’s good to see Mark Harris on the speaker list. It’s also nice to see Brian Echevarria, a solid conservative seeking to replace solid conservative Larry Pittman in the NC House. It’s interesting to see congressman Richard Hudson, but not the much more appropriate, better-fitting Dan Bishop.