The N&O and its fellow MSM goons are beating GOP gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory over the head for comments made by a prominent GOP official:
The leader of the Republican Party in North Carolina’s second largest county on Friday stood by her comment to a large crowd of GOP activists in which she described Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue as “the dumbest governor in America.”
Wake County Republican Party Chairwoman Susan Bryant spoke Thursday night shortly after Republican gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory gave a speech to the county party’s precinct organizational meeting at Dorton Arena in Raleigh. After McCrory left the building, Bryant offered meeting instructions sprinkled in with comments designed to energize the party faithful for the 2012 election cycle.
Bryant told the crowd “we still have the dumbest governor in America” in Perdue and that the only thing “that she’s done right is deciding not to run.”
Spokesmen for Perdue on political matters and the state Democratic Party denounced the comment. Perdue announced three weeks ago she wasn’t running for re-election this year. “North Carolinians do not condone these kind of personal attacks,” Perdue spokesman Marc Farinella wrote in an email, adding that “Bryant’s remarks do not contribute anything to the public dialogue.”
Soon after Democrats called on McCrory to disavow the statement and tell her to apologize, the former Charlotte mayor distanced himself from Bryant’s remark.
“Pat doesn’t agree with or condone those comments,” McCrory campaign spokesman Brian Nick said.
I know PLENTY of Eastern North Carolina Democrat politicos who would wholeheartedly agree with Bryant’s assessment. What’s the problem? The problem IS that The N&O and its fellow MSM goons are still angry at Bryant for publicly pointing out that The N&O was founded by a radical white supremacist and Klan supporter. THEY are going to MAKE that woman pay. *EVERYONE knows that the radical white supremacists call themselves conservatives and are completely confined to the GOP. *
Earlier Friday, Bryant defended the remark through county GOP spokesman Luther Snyder, who said it “was a political comment, not a personal one” and was based on several actions and comments by Perdue with which she did not agree. They include her comment last fall in which Perdue suggested congressional elections be suspended for two years to ease gridlock in Washington. The governor later called the comment sarcasm.
Bryant also cited Perdue’s veto of a bill that would require photo identification to vote and her proposal to raise the sales tax by three-fourths of a penny for education spending after a temporary tax was allowed to expire last year, according to Snyder.
“She’s going to stand by the quote,” he said.
Speaking earlier this week after filing his candidacy papers at the State Board of Elections, McCrory said he would run a positive campaign in 2012 bid like he said he did in his 2008 campaign: “We’re very proud of the type of campaign we run and the message that we’ve conveyed.”
But he’s been a repeated critic of Perdue’s policies going back to their 2008 general election campaign in which he blamed Perdue, then the lieutenant governor, for enabling a “culture of corruption” within state government.
McCrory didn’t hit hard on that point in Thursday’s night Wake County GOP precinct meeting, except to say the culture and policies of Perdue and preceding Gov. Mike Easley were unacceptable for North Carolina’s future. He also received applause when he said the Republican goal was almost halfway complete because “Beverly Perdue will not be the next governor of North Carolina.”
It’s a shame that Susan Bryant has bigger cojones than our presumptive GOP governor. It’s also VERY interesting that ONLY Republican candidates must apologize for and distance themselves from comments made by supporters they may or may not have met. For instance, let’s check out some comments from BarryO’s preacher of 20 years, Jeremiah Wright:
– September 2001: “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.”
– September 2001: “We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki. And we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.”
– September 2001: “We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because of stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own backyard. America is chickens coming home to roost.”
– April 2003: “The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes three-strike laws and wants them to sing God Bless America. No! No No! God damn America … for killing innocent people. God damn America for threatening citizens as less than humans. God damn America as long as she tries to act like she is God and supreme.”
– December 2007: “Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.”
– December 2007: “Hillary ain’t never been called a nigger. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”
– Jan. 13, 2008: “Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”
– “Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.”
– “You cannot do terrorism on other people and expect it never to come back on you.”
– “We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers. … We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God. … We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. … We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means. And … And … And! God! Has got! To be sick! Of this shit!”
– “To say “I am a Christian” is not enough. Why? Because the Christianity of the slaveholder is not the Christianity of the slave. The God to whom the slaveholders pray as they ride on the decks of the slave ship is not the God to whom the enslaved are praying as they ride beneath the decks on that slave ship.”
– “We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye,” Wright said. “We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.”
– “The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.”
–”Barack knows what it means to be a black man to be living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a n—–.”
This knucklehead came to light during the 2008 campaign. McCain passed on this golden opportunity. The media accepted Barry’s lame excuse that he never heard ANY of this kind of stuff — even though he sat in the man’s sanctuary every Sunday for 20 years.
Pat, stop kowtowing to the DUMB mainstream media. They are vultures ready to pick you apart. Tell ’em all to STUFF it like Jesse Helms did. It worked for Helms — he got 30 years in the U.S. Senate.