Some of the parasites who regularly feast on our political and governmental process are “chowing down” on the PR campaign for the multi-billion dollar bond issue on the March ballot. From the ConnectNC campaign finance reports, we found the following:
- Cornerstone Solutions of Raleigh has been paid $753,892.18 in “consulting fees”
- Campaign Connections (Brad Crone of NC Spin fame) has been paid $70,482.43 in “consulting services”
- Strategic Media Services of Arlington, VA has been paid $538,803.00 for, of course, “media expense”
- Alexander Killens, Jim Hunt’s scandal-plagued DMV commissioner, was paid $50,118.40 for “sign distribution” and “warehousing.”
- Kohn Associates of Raleigh got $65,858.09.
- Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein got paid $23,493.00 for “legal services.”
- PCS Marketing of Ohio got $21,498.72 for “direct mail.”
- Public Opinion Strategies, from the DC area, got $26,900.00 for “phone bank survey.”
THAT could be used to pay for a lot of stuff on school campuses across the state. Say NO to ConnectNC.